Wednesday 8 June 2011

IE Developer Toolbar disabled

I am using Windows XP and IE7. Recently, after some updates ran on my system I found that the IE Developer toolbar is not working. When I looked further, I found that “Enable third-party browser extensions*” is disabled in Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Browsing. It’s grayed out, and there is no way it can be checked (tried through system administrator also). So what was the solution?
Somewhere after a lot of googling/binging, I got this solution:
Go to command prompt, type regedit, enter. The registry key window will open.
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Policies->Microsoft->Internet Explorer->Main
Here you will see the Data as “no” for “Enable Browser Extensions”. Set it to “yes”. Hurray!!!
IE Developer Toolbar is working. If you check in Internet Options, the browser extension checkbox is checked.

No comments: