Friday 3 December 2010

Using Data from XML file within project

I have a xml file in my local project - Data.xml with the following content
<TestApp>   
  <ManagerList>
       <Manager>
         <Name>Amit Rajkhowa</Name>
         <EmpId>88378</EmpId>
        </Manager>
      <Manager>
        <Name>Bijoy Gogoi</Name>
        <EmpId>88506</EmpId>

      </Manager>
    </
ManagerList>
</TestApp>

I used the following code in my code to pull the data from the xml.

DataSet dsStore = new DataSet();

DataTable dt=  new DataTable();
dsStore.ReadXml("Data.xml");
dt=  dsStore.Tables["Manager"];
string[] items = new string[dt.Rows.Count];
int i = 0;
foreach(DataRow dr in dt.Rows)
{
items.SetValue(dr["Name"].ToString(), i);

i++;
}
return items;


I found that the xml file is not found. Hence changed the path to the following:

dsStore.ReadXml(Server.MapPath("~/Data.xml"));

No comments: